Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Image of the Day: Winter Silhouette

Do you remember the really big snow storm last year that hit the northern U.S. just in time for travelers going home from Christmas holiday?  Well, I do.  I ended up in the Detroit airport for a couple of days, standing in various lines and waiting to get on a flight home.  Actually, it wasn't all that bad.  I didn't have to be home for anything in particular, I was comped for a hotel room and meals ($6 per meal), and the airport is like a small city.  I had a small backpack with me, which fortunately included my camera.  I took this outside one of those airport motels, from the parking lot, on what turned out to be my last day in Detroit.  There was a nice mist that morning, which lent the bare trees a dramatic silhouette.  I used Lightroom to enhance the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment