Monday, October 1, 2012

Image of the Day: Rome

Beauty of Rome
I took this photo the first morning I arrived in Rome, and it's one of my all-time favorites.  To me, it speaks Italy -- I love the raked light across the building, the open and closed shutters, and the beauty of the faded stucco colors and the faded Madonna.  I like the slanted angle -- I think it gives the image good energy and interest.  The angle also enabled me to get more information into the photo.

 This was taken with my iPhone, with the Hipstamatic App.  This image was featured this weekend in the Southern Dutchess Focus section of the Poughkeepsie Journal, along with one of Linda Richichi's pastels, and a nice write-up by Liz Con Savage.  God bless the Pok Journal -- more than half-dozen couples came into RiverWinds as a result of the article!   Needless to say, this very same photo is for sale at RiverWinds Gallery in Beacon, NY, www.riverwindsgallery.com.  To highlight the happy color, I printed the image on metallic paper, giving it a nice sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment