Wednesday, April 27, 2011

At The County Fair

The spring show -- Art in the Loft at the Millbrook Winery in Millbrook, NY -- is up, on the second floor of their beautiful sales building and it features three artists.  I was juried in this year by the Dutchess County Arts Council for my county fair series.
This is one of 11 images I put into the show.  I used ASAs from 100 to 1600, depending on whether I wanted to stop the action or use the blur to show the action.  For this shot, I wanted to stop it.  I like the outer-space look of the swing, and the unexpected swoop of the framing element on the bottom.

This image is for sale at the Millbrook Winery.  They are having a very special weekend for wine lovers.  Come see the show -- it is up through June -- and sample some great Hudson Valley wine.

For the entire county fair series, check out my website www.maryannglass.com.  They are also available at my gallery, www.riverwindsgallery.com.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, esp. the vibrant colors! I like the way you go for the unusual angle on things. :)

    ReplyDelete