Friday, May 6, 2011

Fleeting Spring Color: Barrett House Show

This is another photo I took last week.  I wanted to capture the red buds on the trees  as well as the lacey delicacy of the bare tree limbs.  Such spring color is fleeting -- this week it's all different -- the leaves have come out and everything is green.

When I photograph I look for bright cloudy days right after it has rained.  The rain brings out color and makes the trunks darker, for better contrast,  and the clouds above give an even clear light so I don't lose color in highlights and in shadows.

This image is part of the Barrett House show in Poughkeepsie NY opening next week - May 14 -- on the 2nd floor.  Photoworks '11  - a national juried photography show -- will be on the ground floor.

This image is for sale at my gallery www.riverwindsgallery.com or at Barrett House in Poughkeepsie, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment