Monday, March 14, 2011

Pienza: Simple Laundry

Laundry on the line -- like old barns -- is a whole genre of photos.
Maybe the image evokes home, even if your mother never hung her laundry out to dry.  At any rate, this laundry was found in Pienza in Tuscany.  The problem with laundry shots is that the necessarily horizontal aspect of it can make for a static composition.  I had no choice but to angle this image -- it was on the 2nd or 3rd floor.  This image works for me because 1) the colors are simple and satisfying, 2) the black accents add a graphic and a grounding element, and 3) the edges of the two tea towels rise delicately in sync.  (I also love the reflections on the wall that mimic the towels.)

This image -- and any others on this blog, on my website, www.maryannglass.com or at my gallery, www.riverwindsgallery.com  -- are available for sale.

Join us for a fabulous photo tour of Sorrento and Tuscany this September.  For more details, check out my website, www.maryannglass.com or at www.arthistoryalive.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment