Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tuscan Madonna Beauty


This is one of my favorites, and has been one of my best-selling madonnas.  Not a famous or particularly notable work of art, this Tuscan village madonna nevertheless radiates grace and beauty.

The edges are as important in the composition as the main event -- the madonna and child.  When I took the photo, I was very careful to include the shadow of the weed in the bottom.  The scrolling black edge grounds the image and echoes the shadows in the madonna.  The white circle in the upper left corner is another important element in the overall richness of the image -- it gives interest to that portion of the photo.  And what really takes this madonna to the next level are the beautiful textures as they have evolved over time.

This image, like any on this blog or on my website, www.maryannglass.com, are for sale.  They can be printed in any size -- an 11x14 image in a 16x20 mat is $95.

If you are interested in joining me in Tuscany and Sorrento to hone your photographic skills while staying in beautiful places, enjoying great food and wine, and showing your work in a gallery upon your return home, please see details on my website, www.maryannglass.com or at www.arthistoryalive.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment