Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring in Hudson Valley Apple Orchards

It was warm enough today to walk around without coat, hat, gloves....a taste of spring!
Everything is still very brown here, but one can anticipate color!

The Marlboro Ridge, overlooking the Hudson River, is home to apple orchards and local wineries.  A few years ago I took off on an April day to take photos -- it was the day after a rain, so the trunks would be blacker and the day was cloudy - perfect.   I like the rhythm of this image, the harmonious way the ground cover matches up with the apple blossoms and the contrast of the black trunks with the delicate blossoms.

This image -- along with any others on this blog, on my website, www.maryannglass.com and at my gallery, www.riverwindsgallery.com -- are available for sale in any size.

I lead Hudson Valley Photo Tours -- one-on-one or small groups -- that will efficiently take you to great sites in the best light so you can grow your own portfolio.  For more information, check out my website, www.maryannglass.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment